This article speaks about ways to use Chia seeds for healthy weight loss. Chia seeds also assist in weight management by keeping you full and satisfied for longer time. It is tightly packed with all the required minerals and vitamins, which is required by the body to perform its normal day to day work, so that you don’t fall short of energy.
Chia seeds for healthy weight loss
Chia seeds (salvia hispanica) are becoming one of the most popular super-foods in the recent times. It is packed with lots of nutrients and can be used as an energy booster ingredient. These tiny seeds are a store house of antioxidants, fiber, protein, vitamins like A, B, D, and E, minerals like iron, sulphur, magnesium, iodine, and omega 3 fat. There are lot of ways to regularly consume Chia seeds for healthy weight loss and weight management.
Healthy weight loss
Chia seed alone is not sufficient for effective weight loss. It has to be combined with a balanced diet, work outs, walking, and weight training exercises. An average weight loss should not be more than 1 pound in a week. If a person roughly cuts down on 500 calories each day, he will roughly lose about a pound in a week’s time. Reducing weight too much weight too fast can due health issues and also weakness in the body. Therefore slow and gradual weight loss is the key to long term success in healthy weight loss and weight management in the long run.
Weight loss through high fiber content in Chia seed
Chia seeds are rich in dietary fiber. One of the key essential of losing weight is to include and eat more and more fiber each day. Only including more fiber, without making much changes in the diet may assist in healthy weight loss. Studies have shown that people who consume Chia seeds every day have experienced slightly more weight loss and a slight reduction in waist size, than those who dint consume Chia seeds. It also helps in reducing and burning belly fat to an extend. All though Chia seeds are packed with nutrient which helps reduce promote weight loss; you should not consider it as a magic wand to lose weight much faster.
Chia seeds for breakfast
Starting your day with power packed and fiber rich food will make you feel fuller for long time and indirectly helps in unnecessary indulgences in snacking throughout the morning. Eating healthy breakfast is directly connected with proper weight management of the body. You can introduce whole or grounded chia seeds by soaking a spoon full in a glass of water or milk for 30 minutes. You can add to any fruit smoothie to make it look thicker and tastier or just sprinkle on your oats, scrambled eggs, Chia pancakes, spread it on your bread toast and eat it.
Chia seeds for dinner
Ending your day’s meals with Chia seed will make you feel full and hence you won’t get any hunger pranks. Just add a spoon full of whole or grounded Chia seeds to your bowl of salad, fruit, pudding or soup. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then sit back and enjoy your bowl of food packed with goodness of Chia seed. Replace you dinner with these salads, fruits, soup along with Chia seeds to lose weight, thereby not letting the energy level to drop down. You can also have Chia seeds with a glass of warm water along with honey, ginger, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar at least 30 minutes before hitting the bed. This may helps in speeding up the process for losing weight.
Other ways to include Chia seeds to reduce weight
- Blend it with any fruit smoothie
- Top it any of your bread toast
- Add a spoon full of Chia seeds in your detox water and keep sipping it throughout the day
- Sprinkle it on the top of your baked sweet potatoes dish
- Mix it with your apple cinnamon sauce
- Top it on the fruit bowl along with some nuts and herbs
- Top it any of your bread toast
- Mix it up with your favorite homemade fruit jams
- Add it in your sugarless pudding
- Top it on your Greek yogurt
- Mix it your homemade energy bars
- Add it to your oatmeal bowl
- Mix it with peanut butter to make a all new and tastier chia peanut butter
- Use it instead of bread croutons in your soups and salad bowls
- Top it on your meat dishes
- Make it into Popsicle and have it during summers. Add them into any fruit puree minus the sugar and munch on it
- Add it to your muffins, cup cakes, healthy bread, cookies, multigrain bread or roti
- Add it in your favourite pasta and noodles
- Add it as any salad dressing
- Mix it in your pancake batter or just top it on your pancakes
You can use it in many more creative way and make your food more yummy and delicious. It is said that the grounded Chia seeds are much more effective when compared to the full Chia seeeds.
Happy journey towards healthy weight loss. Stay fit and healthy. Exercise daily along with proper balanced diet to shed those unwanted extra fat resting on your belly and extra kilos on your body. Click here to view the recipe of 45 weight loss smoothies and detox drinks.
Ask your doubts and share your tried and tested remedies in comments section below, we will submit it to our expert panel and publish if found correct and relevant.