This article speaks about eating some of the healthy super food for weight loss. If the weight loss happens gradually and without much energy crunch, then the weight loss journey will be smooth and easy, or else it can end up the other way. Hence eating healthy food and still losing weight is covered in this article.
Super food for weight loss
Eating fruits and vegetables in a considerable quantity on daily basis is a key to healthy, and disease free life. The benefits of including fruits and vegetables are endless, as they contain a rich amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber and are also low in calories. They not only work wonder for weight loss, but also gives you a shinny skin and lustrous hairs. It reduces stress, fatigue and illness, thereby boosting the immunity of the body.
Even when you don’t have the time to go to gym, some food can actually help you reduce or maintain your body’s healthy weight and on the same time not loosing the essential nutrients. They can help in lowering bad cholesterol, lowering the blood pressure, controlling type 2 diabetes and preventing certain heart diseases as well.
Weight loss foods
The below listed super foods will help in keeping the energy level high and reduce weight by boosting the metabolism rate to burn more fat and stop the craving for fatty foods.
- Apples will not only keep doctor away but also help in weight loss and proper weight management. It is rich in fiber and low on calories, meaning you stay full for long time and avoid over eating. The antioxidants present in apples help in boosting the metabolism rate, which results in getting rid of the accumulated body fat. Apples contain no fat and no cholesterol. It is filled with vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, potassium, iron and phosphorus. Apples can be eaten in between meals whenever you feel hungry. Try to eat it with the skin. Make sure you clean the skin thoroughly by soaking the apple in vinegar and water for 10 minutes.
- Oranges, packed with high fiber and rich Vitamin C content makes it an incredible weight loss fruit. The vitamin C also helps in lowering the body mass index (BMI). It also promotes the production of carnitine, which reduces the body fat. It is one of the fat free and low calorie fruit. The rich fiber in it makes you feel fuller for longer duration, thereby eating less.
- Oatmeal is a very good option for breakfast for all those who want to reduce weight and also maintain a healthy body. It contains beta glucan fiber which helps reduce abnormal level of body fat. Oatmeal gives a feeling of fullness and reduces hunger pangs. It provides more fiber than any other breakfast cereals. Regularly consuming oatmeal can reduce the waist to hip ratio also. Cook oatmeal with skimmed milk and top with almonds and berries and enjoy the low calories breakfast.
- Salmon contains good fats, protein and vitamin D. It helps boost metabolism and burns body fat faster. The good fats present in it aids in weight loss. The proteins require lots of body energy to process it. Hence all this makes you feel fuller for longer duration. Try to include grilled or baked salmon fish dish at least 2-3 times in a week.
- Greek yogurt is also one of the healthy breakfast options, other than the oatmeal. It contains probiotics bacteria which can improve the gut health and helps in proper functioning of the system as well. It also helps fight inflammation and leptin resistance, which is the hormonal driver of obesity. The high calcium content supports in weight loss and the high protein content keeps the blood sugar level steady. It makes you feel full and kills the hunger pangs for longer duration. Consuming three servings a day can help reduce the body fat
- It is true than consuming chocolate increases weight. But eating dark chocolates can actually help you in reducing weight, as it has high cocoa content in it. The antioxidant in cocoa actually helps you to slim down and stimulate your metabolism to burn more fat of the body. It reduces the digestion and absorption of fats and carbohydrates and increases satiety. The magnesium content in dark chocolate reduces the body pain and also helps in lowering the blood pressure, enhancing the blood circulation and reducing the side effects of obesity. Eat always in moderation and don’t over eat it.
- Avocados are very rich in fats and an excellent food for weight loss program. They has considerable amount of soluble and in soluble fat, which aids in effective weight loss. The amino acid, L-carnitine is helpful in metabolizing body fat. Avocado helps in weight management, maintaining body glucose level, and are good for cardiovascular health. Eating half an avocado a day makes you feel full. You can top it by chopping, blending or spreading it on any of your food.
- Flax seeds are rich in fiber and healthy fat, which acts as a great aid in losing weight faster. Dietary fiber constituent of important weight loss nutrient and flax seeds are rich in it. It also consists of omega-3 fatty acid, which prevents obesity and aids in weight loss and reduces inflammation. Flax seeds helps in improving the lipid and metabolic profile of the body, thereby reducing the risk of heart and cardio vascular related disease. You can sprinkle these seeds on your food, juice, yogurt, smithies, soups and salads. But make sure you drink lots of water.
- Blueberries are a powerful body friendly fruit, which helps in losing extra fat from your body. These tiny long small berries, contains powerful antioxidants which helps to neutralize free radicals from the body. They contain lots of soluble fiber and water, which makes you feel full for longer duration of time. It helps in improving digestion and reducing the risk factors for metabolic syndrome. Blueberries are free from fat, sodium and cholesterol. It helps reduce belly fat and metabolizes proteins and carbohydrates. You can have it as a snack or top it on your yogurt, smoothies or fruit salads.
- Nuts, especially almonds are rich in fiber, protein and monounsaturated, healthy fats, which helps you slim down and shed those extra pounds on your body. Eating almonds on daily basis helps you lose more weight than people snacking on other heavy carbs snacks. You can eat a handful of roasted or soaked almonds. The vitamin B and zinc in it reduce your sugar cravings. You can also drink unsweetened almond milk for weight reduction.
- Grapefruit is super food and acts wonders in reducing unwanted fat accumulated on the body. Consuming just half a grapefruit before your meals, can help you lose upto a pound in a week. It enhances the body’s fat burning capacity which in turns help in reducing weight. Grapefruit is rich in protein and helps in lowering the insulin level. It has 90% percent water, which can make you feel full and you end up eating less.
- Green tea is a super fat burning beverage, with lots of health benefits. It is much healthier than the usual tea and coffee. It boosts your body immunity system and support weight loss. Green tea has epigallocatechin-3-gallate, an antioxidant, which is responsible to burns those unwanted calories and fat throughout the day. It slows down the weight gain process by reducing the fat absorption and increasing the fat burning ability of the body. Drinking 2-3 cups of green tea in a day helps you reduce those extra kilos faster.
- Spinach is very high in fiber and nutritional values. It is low in carbohydrates and calories as well. Spinach fills up your tummy faster. It will increase the volume of your food, without putting on much burden on your calories count.
- Beans legume and pulses also aid in weight loss. The red beans offer more fiber and protein. Kidney beans are also rich in resistant starch which has the slimming carbs.
- Brown rice is fiber packed alternative food when compared to white rice. It keeps you full and rates low on the calories intake. The healthy carbs in it boost metabolism and helps you burn the body fat a little faster.
- Pear is a fiber packed fruit. Eating 2 to 3 pears a day along with the skin helps you consume lesser calories and lose weight faster, as the skin of the fruit contains more fiber, than the fruit itself.
- Wine has an antioxidant named Resveratrol, which stops the fat storage in the body. Wine is healthier than other drink; one who occasionally consumes wine has narrower waist and also less belly fat.
Make sure that you drink enough water, say at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day and do some physical activity which includes performing your daily chores.
You can also include Carrots, Popcorn, Cottage cheese, Pomegranate, Watermelon, Mushrooms, Hot chile peppers, Olive oil, Cranberry juice, Whole grain sandwich, Salsa, Water chestnuts, Grape tomatoes, Egg white, Cucumber, Spicy hot sauce, Shrimps, Cherries, Broccoli in your daily diet to speed up the process of weight loss in a healthy manner, without compromising on the energy levels and the essential nutrients. Click here to know more about Chia seeds for healthy weight loss.
Ask your doubts and share your tried and tested remedies in comments section below, we will submit it to our expert panel and publish if found correct and relevant.