This article will cover details of Benefits of Castor Oil for skin and hair therapy. It is a home remedy against lots of common disease and ailments related to skin, hair and overall health. the regular application of castor oil has a great affect on skin and hair. Medicinal values of castor oil are many and they can also used as a de-worming agent in kids.
Benefits of Castor Oil for skin and hair treatment
Early usage of castor oil
Right from ancient days, castor oil was a home remedy for many aliments related to skin, hair and health. It was a common on-to the-go medicine in the households. Hence the benefit of castor oil is not just restricted to hair and skin, but also for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Benefits of Castor Oil for skin and hair are plenty and regular usage over a period of time will provide lasting results.
Castor oil also known as ‘Arandi oil’, is extracted from pressing the seeds of castor plant. Castor oil has become the base products for making many soaps, oil, massage oil, cosmetics and even in medicines.
Below listed are some of the amazing Benefits of Castor Oil for skin and hair
- Castor oil helps in healing the inflamed skin and treating sun burns, dry and rough skin, acnes. All you have to do is dip a cotton ball in Castor oil, apply it on the affected area and let it stay on for an hour, or you can even leave it overnight. If you wish, you can wash the area after an hour or so.
- Castor oil helps in slowing down the aging process of the skin. When Castor oil is applied on the skin, it deeply penetrates the skin layers and stimulates the production of elastin and collagen. They help in making the skin soft, supple and hydrated. It also helps in postponing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and makes the skin look younger and smoother. The fine lines which are found near the eyes can also be reduced by applying castor oil every night before going to bed.
- Castor oil helps in fighting against acne. The ricinoleic present in Castor oil helps in fighting against bacteria which causes acne. To cure acne, use castor oil as follows. Firstly wash your face with warm water, as it helps in opening up the pores. Next, gently massage the Castor oil in a circular motion on the face and leave it overnight. Wash your face in the morning with cold water or tap water. By doing so, the oil deeply penetrates into the skin and helps in treating the acne effectively. It is one of the best home remedy to cure your acne problem.
- Castor oil acts as a wonderful and an inexpensive skin moisturizer. It helps in revitalizing your skin and also leaves a rejuvenating effect on the face. Castor oil is rich in fatty acids, which makes it an effective moisturiser. It helps in removing dry patches on the skin and makes it more hydrated.. All you need to do is, just clean your face thoroughly and take few drops of castor oil and apply it on your face in circular motion and massage it nicely for 5 minutes. And the results can be seen within few days of usage. Of late lots of cosmetics companies have started using Castor oil in their products so that it can help serve it purpose
- Castor oil helps in reducing blemishes and fading away the scars mark on the skin. All you need to do is apply Castor oil on the affected area and gently massage it for few minutes and leave it overnight. The fatty acids present in the Castor oil will deeply penetrate the scars and repair tissues and help in encouraging the growth of healthy tissues around that area. And slowly it will helps in reducing blemishes. The results will take some time, as it is a slow process. But if it is used regularly, then effective results can be seen.
- Castor oil helps in reducing the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy. The fatty acids present in Castor oil helps in making the skin more supple and elastic. If the skin is more elastic, then there are less chances of getting stretch marks. When Castor oil is regularly applied during the last trimester of pregnancy, it effectively acts on the stretch marks and reduces its appearance to a great extent and also prevents the skin from causing stretch marks.
- Castor oil helps in reducing skin pigmentation. The fatty acids, especially the omega-3 fatty acids in the castor oil helps in the growth of healthy tissue which helps repair the skin tissue and cells, by providing you with a spot less and blemish less skin. Castor oil also helps in reducing the spots and marks by making the skin tone even.
- Castor oil is an excellent home remedy to promote hair growth. Regularly massaging your hair with castor oil helps in making the hair thicker, stronger and longer. It also helps in reducing split ends, hair breakage and hair fall. Castor oil also acts as a hair moisturizer and gives a nice shinny look. It also increases blood circulating in the head and promotes faster growth of new and healthy hairs.
- Castor oil is rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties. It can help in fighting against microorganisms and pathogens causing the infections. It helps in treating scalp infection, itchy scalp and dandruff problems.
- Castor oil helps in treating premature graying of hairs. It helps in delaying the appearance of grey or white hairs by retain the pigmentation of hair. Once u start noticing gray hair, start apply Castor oil to your hair so that it can prevent your hair from losing its original pigment and arrest the appearance of further gray hairs.
- Castor oil can nicely conditions and moisturizes your dry and damaged hairs. The humectant property of Castor oil helps in arresting the moisture in your hairs. It also helps in preventing your hair from dryness and making it soft, smooth and shinny. For this all you have to do is add a teaspoon of Castor oil in your leave-in conditioner bottle and give it a nice shake. Apply this to your hairs after shampooing.
After having a look on various benefits of castor oil, let’s not waste time, and start realizing Benefits of Castor Oil for skin and hair to get smooth hair and radiant skin. Click here to view Health benefits of Moringa Leaves (Drumstick).
Ask your doubts and share your tried and tested remedies in comments section below, we will submit it to our expert panel and publish if found correct and relevant.