Detoxification if a very important cleansing process for our body. In this article, we will talk about top 5 detox drinks for healthy weight loss
Top 5 detox drinks for healthy weight loss
Detoxification and cleansing the body is as necessary as cleansing the makeup from face before hitting the bed. Flushing out toxin waste is very essential on a regular basis. The main reason for unwanted weight gain and fat accumulation is our unhealthy lifestyle, stress, too much of toxic intake, no proper sleep, pollution, etc. When we fail to detoxify our body, we accumulate loads of unhealthy weight and fat as well as lose the glow on the skin. Detox drinks come to the rescue in such a scenario, which not only flush out toxin waste and reduces bloating, but also provide the essential nutrients to the body and rejuvenates your skin by decelerating the aging process. This naturally aids in healthy weight loss.
Detox drinks for healthy weight loss
Apart from drinking abundant water, consuming detox drinks helps you maintain the PH balance of the body. These detox drinks are easy to make at home for you to consume as per your convenience.
Green tea and lemon detox
- 1 green tea bag
- ¼ lemon
- 1 cup of water
Boil a cup of water in the tea pot, and place the green tea bag in it. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame and add lemon juice. Sip it while it is hot.
- Green tea helps in boosting the immune system. The antioxidant helps in reducing the free radicals which slows down the skin ageing process and prevents certain cancer cells.
- Lemon on the other hand, helps in reducing the unwanted and extra body fat and fastens up the metabolism process of the body.
It is always a wonderful thing to start your day with green tea. Green tea has lots of antioxidant properties and also known to aid in weight loss and give a fresh glow on the face.
Cucumber and grapes detox water
- 1 cucumber
- Handful of grapes
- 8-10 mint leaves
- ½ lime
- Black pepper powder
In a blender add sliced cucumber and grapes and blend it. Add some freshly halved mint leaves and lemon juice. Give it a nice mix. Lastly add pepper powder and ice cubes. Sit back and enjoy your detox drink.
- Cucumber helps in flushing out toxin waste and rehydrates your skin cells.
- Grapes help in slowing down the aging process. Helps regulate the blood insulin levels and controls the blood sugar level. It also helps in reducing dehydration.
- Lime helps in digestion and gives relief for constipation. It also fights heartburns and gastric issues.
- Pepper is rich in vitamin E and enhances the digestion system.
The combination of grapes with cucumber is a very refreshing one. It uplifts the mood and creates magic.
Ginger, lemon and honey detox water
- 1 glass warm water
- ½ lemon
- ½ inch ginger root
- 1 tablespoon honey
Heat up a glass of water, just make it warm but don’t boil it. Finely grate the ginger root add to the glass of water. Now add lemon juice and honey. Drink it when it is still warm.
- Ginger and lemon helps in alkalizing the body, shedding excess weight, flushing out lymph fluid, purifying the blood, reviving the metabolism, controlling appetite and strengthening the immune system.
- Honey helps in maintaining the good health of the digestive system. It is a rich source of zinc, copper, potassium, magnesium, calcium and manganese. It helps in reducing cholesterol and fatty acids in the body.
Grapefruit and cinnamon detox drink
- 1 grapefruit
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- A pinch of rock salt
Take a glass of water and soak the cinnamon stick overnight. In the morning scoop out the pulp of grapefruit and blend it in a blender. Now pour the blended grapefruit pulp into the cinnamon stick after removing the stick from water. Lastly add rock salt and give it a stir. Sit back and enjoy the drink.
- Cinnamon and grapefruit both aid in reducing the body weight by enhancing the insulin sensitivity.
- Grapefruit is rich in vitamin E and it also helps in boosting the metabolism and detoxifying the body naturally.
Apple and Chia seeds detox smoothie
- 1 large apple
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 8-10 mint leaves
- A pinch of black salt
Deseed and roughly chop the apple and blend it in a blender. Soak chia seeds for 5-10 minutes in a glass of water. Now pour the apple puree into the chia seeds water. Add roughly chopped mint leaves and black salt. Stir it nicely and enjoy the detox drink.
- Mint leaves cools the system and improves digestion and also aids in weight loss
- Apple has antioxidant properties which helps in fighting cholesterol and certain heart disease and also has cancer fighting antioxidants.
- Chia seeds aid in weight loss and helps boost metabolism and boost the insulin sensitivity of the body.
In part 2 of the series, we will tell you more detox drinks for healthy weight loss and easy recipes for preparing them. Click here to know about healthy weight loss using herbs
Ask your doubts and share your tried and tested remedies in comments section below, we will submit it to our expert panel and publish if found correct and relevant.